- Don't send us anything libelous that's likely to get us in trouble.
- Only submit information that you have the right to. For example, don't go and
plagiarise the description text from another site thinking you're helping us
- If you do submit a spot, you give us the right to use the information you
provide in any form we like. We might edit it, put it on the front page,
email it to someone, whatever. This might sound a little over-the-top to
some, but it's important for allowing us the flexibility to actually use the
content you submit in future ideas for the website.
- Only submit images that you own or have been given permission to submit. No
Google Maps screenshots, no pictures that you've just saved from another
random site. Hopefully this is obvious.
- If you submit an image, you're giving us the right to use that image in any
form we want anywhere on the site. Your image will be cropped, resized, have
text overlayed on it, and probably more. Flexibility like this is very
important, and without it your picture is useless to us.
- We reserve the right to edit comments, but we will only do so in extreme cases
of overtly threatening, libelous, or similarly unacceptable types of comment.
We're big believers in free speech, but we're too busy to fight to the death
for some idiot's right to make childish threats.